Friday, April 24, 2009

Two weeks before this semester is over, and I don't know how I feel about that, exactly. On one hand, HOORAY!, the semseter's nearly over! This means that the majority of my stress will be gone and all I have to worry about is work. On the other hand, it also means I have only two weeks to finish all my term papers that are due (and there are SEVERAL) and undergo the agony of finals. I just want it all to be over, but now is not the time to daydream about the end; now is the time to get focused and crank out the papers and cram for the tests. It's the last big battle, and I intend to come out victorious. Maybe a little bruised and exhausted, but that makes it all the more impressive. It's time to prepare for the big finale.
Another rather thrilling viewpoint on this semester's end is that it marks the end of April, which means that I have only to wait two and a half more months before I get to once again embrace my fiance. It will have been a year in July that he's been gone overseas and I have been anxious for his return and more than ready to finally have him home to stay. I have to say, this semester has kept me so busy that I was forced to concentrate more on my numerous obligations and less on the emptiness I felt. Having dated since we were freshmen in high school, the sudden separation was not an easy one, despite the fact that we knew it was coming nearly a year prior. It will be another crowning victory to have survived this long year and yet to have also grown in our relationship in leaps and bounds. Alas, the wedding date is still not set....something about financial security...I don't know. Seems a trifle to me but they say it matters.
On a more intern-ish note, there has been a steady flow of submissions for the SIR and I have to say it is exciting to open the envelopes and prepare your submissions for the readers. I often wish I received such bulging envelopes from my fiance...
Everybody on campus seems to be caught in the frenzy of last-minute cramming; I'm glad not to be the only one. Plenty of late nights await, as well as energy drinks, snacks, and books piled high around the computer, all in aid of the completion of the dreaded term papers. Wish us luck. Wish us inspiration. Wish us determination.

No comments: