Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hot Fuzz, etc.

Have you seen "Hot Fuzz?" I laughed, a lot. It's a very strange blend of British slapstick, Patrick Swayze parody action, and other things I haven't figured out yet. A unique, hilarious movie, through and through. This is the first movie I've watched in months, which is something else I'd like to recommend: Stop watching movies for a while, then when you return, they're all amazing.

So, summer is here, at least for the academic world. Which means we're all just wishing it was already time for Ropewalk. It will be my first time there, and I'm pretty schoolboy giddy about it. I mean, a week away from computers and (worse) computer chairs, workshopping with great writers, swimming, eating free food, rolling around in the grass and stuff...I can't wait.

Other upcoming summer events include:
- The Spring issue
- The debut of our intern issue
- my interview with Dana Kinstler, 1st place winner of the 2006 Mary C. Mohr Fiction Award

No comments: