Sunday, February 18, 2007

Introduction

Okay! I finally got signed on to this thing! That was forty-five minutes of my life I'll never get back. Apparently, I was at eblogger.com, instead of blogger.com, and I couldn't understand why it kept saying "incorrect log-in information." I don't even know. In my defense, the B in the Blogger.com logo does look a lot like an E.

My name is Katie Guthrie. I am a senior majoring in English and French, and I am an intern at the Southern Indiana Review. So far, my duties have included logging in and sorting submissions, sending out rejection letters, and researching turtles and top hats. (The turtle logo is still my favorite, by the way.) I've never been an intern before, but it's been a good experience so far. It'll also be nice to have something besides fast food restaurants on my resume.

Speaking of food, what is going on lately with all these recalls? First, it was E. coli in spinach and green peppers, and now they're apparently finding salmonella in peanut butter! I was just watching the news today, and they were saying those pre-cooked rib meat chicken strips are also being recalled. Honestly, what kind of a world is it when eating has become a high risk activity?

No comments: